03 January 2011

Liberdade



If you are an Asian who resides in Brazil, Liberdade is the place where you can feel like you´re just home. A hub of Japanese-Brazilian nationals where not only Japanese food can be found but almost all types of Asian Cuisine. I felt so happy knowing that this place exists here. I´ve been longing to eat one of my favorite chinese bread called SIOPAO. Yes, I found it here.

December 29 when me, Eduardo, Ellen and Elis conquered this super busy street of Liberdade, located inside Metro Sao Paulo. I treated them a lunch fiesta at a chinese restaurant. A bit expensive but the food was authentic chinese with real chinese people serving you (they dont even know how to speak potuguese). First time for my 3 companions and my first too since I arrived in Brazil 18 months ago. In Liberdade you can also find a lot of groceries selling asian food, shops of chinese and japanese ornaments, and a lot of asian stuffs. Most people walking around are japanese. I love the place and surely will I go back to enjoy asian cuisine.

a japanese snack i used to buy at SM supermarket food stalls (forgot the name) eaten very hot with chili sauce and lemon
SIOPAO!!!

Chi Fu Restaurant - serving an authentic chinese food

finally! a chinese food - one of my favorite cuisine

Reaching Liberdade is very easy. Metro Train stops at this station and upon going down the stairs of railway Liberdade charm awaits you.


2 comments:

  1. Although it's glaringly apparent how much Asian cuisine has influenced Brazilian food-stuffs, it's nice to see some straight-up Chinese available to foreign nationals (and locals).
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...